Not all of us have adequate financial resources to be able to eat healthy and variously. But does this mean that such people have no chance to introduce proper nutrition into their lives? Well, they have the most, just think a little and recycle.
Cheap sources of protein
In bodybuilding, the following products are considered valuable sources of protein
– chicken breast or turkey – about 19.6 g protein / 100 g product;
– beef – about 19.4 g of protein / 100 g of product;
– chicken eggs (whole) – approx. 12.56 g protein / 100 g product;
– pollock and cod – about 17.8 g protein / 100 g product;
– tuna – approx. 23.3 g protein / 100 g product;
– trout – approx. 20.4 g protein / 100 g product;
– mackerel – approx. 18.6 g protein / 100 g product;
– salmon – approx. 19.8 g protein / 100 g product.
In addition, we will cover the need for protein by consuming dairy products. For example, cottage cheese lean for 100 g of product contains about 169.8 g of protein, while natural yogurt 2% only 4.3 g of protein / 100 g of product. Also, by eating legume seeds, plant products or nuts, we will provide ourselves with proteins. It will be a defective protein, but in the right combination will help cover our demand for this nutrient.
Currently, the cheapest sources of protein will be chicken breast (less than PLN 17 per kg), chicken eggs (about PLN 8/9 for 10), pollack (about PLN 11 per kg), smoked mackerel (about PLN 15/16) per kg), lean curd cheese (about PLN 15 per kg). Of course, these prices depend on the place where we buy, the producer and the composition of the product. As you can see, there is a lot to choose from and there is no need to provide protein only in the form of chicken.
Valuable sources of carbohydrates, which are characterized by a medium or high glycemic index, are
– mountain oat flakes – approx. 61 g carbohydrates per 100 g of product;
– cereal, rice and pasta – approx. 80-60 g carbohydrates / 100 g of the product (depending on the type);
– potatoes – approx. 16.8 g carbohydrates / 100 g product.
Among the above products you can find ones that do not cost much, such as oatmeal cost about 5 PLN per kg, white rice about 3.50-6 PLN per kg, buckwheat roasted about 10 PLN per kg, barley groats ok 5 zlotys per kg, pasta about 5-10 zlotys per kg, potatoes about 2 zlotys per kg. Of course, as in the case of protein products, the price of products that provide us with carbohydrates is very diverse.
Good sources of fats are primarily considered
– olive oil – approx. 100 g of fat per 100 g of product;
– linseed oil – approx. 100 g fat per 100 g product;
– grape seed oil – about 92 g of fat per 100 g of product;
– walnut – about 60 g of fat per 100 g of product;
– sunflower seeds – approx. 44 g of fat per 100 g of product;
– pumpkin seeds – approx. 46 g of fat per 100 g of product;
– fatty fish, e.g. smoked mackerel, approx. 15.5 g fat per 100 g of product.
In the case of fatty fish, the cheapest mackerel will be around 15/16 PLN per kg. As for plant sources of fats, for example sunflower (about 12 PLN per kg), peanut (about 12 PLN per kg), olive oil. On average, about PLN 40 per liter. As we can see, these prices vary. In this group, we find both cheaper products, such as rapeseed oil, as well as more expensive, eg nuts, linseed oil. Remember that the most important thing is to cover the body’s need for essential fatty acids, especially from the omega-3 family. Their source is in our diet, among others oily sea fish, nuts.
Some tips to help you save on products
To reduce the cost of a diet to the maximum, the following tips can be taken into account
– shop in larger stores, bypass the small estate houses, practically always the prices will be higher;
– hunt for promotions. Supermarkets very often have reduced prices for various food products, do not forget, however, that the product also had a good composition;
– buy in larger quantities. Meat can always be frozen and it will not lose much on its values. Rice, groats, pasta or oatmeal can be bought in larger quantities, eg in packs of 5-10 kg, definitely lowering the price per kilogram;
– buy frozen vegetables in the winter season. In supermarkets, so-called vegetable mixtures by weight, which are definitely cheaper than fresh vegetables. However, during the summer, when the price of fruit and vegetables decreases due to the season, choose the fresh ones.
When you have a limited budget and you can not afford to spend between 100-150 PLN on monthly pass to the fitness club, you can look for local gyms in your area, some offer monthly passes for around 60 PLN. If even this amount exceeds the financial possibilities, you can buy, for example, TRX tapes and ropes. It is a one-off cost of about PLN 150, and you’ll ensure full-body training. Of course, you can limit yourself to buying only the pole to perform the pull-up and exercise at home with your own body weight.
A completely free alternative to training at the gym will be to do workouts with elements of street workout, for this just an ordinary playground for children. Find out if there was a special square for this type of training in your city.