Diet plans are usually arranged for long months, only such a long-term approach gives us dream effects. Due to the fact that low-calorie diets do not work as we would like, after some time we achieve some satisfactory results, but later the weight returns and it’s faster than we would like and much faster than it took us to achieve the desired results. So there remains a method of a restrictive diet for several months or much longer. But not every one of us is a professional, and life revolves around us very dynamically, trips, parties, simple greed, these things do not help us to maintain our diet.
For example, we want a few cookies, chocolates, etc. It is only 150 or 250 kcal, i.e. the amount completely irrelevant from the point of a reduction diet calculated for several months to achieve our cell. But there is one thing, maybe some of these chocolates will stimulate our appetite and we will eat a whole plate, maybe we will spoil our diet and we will be stressed for the next week because of these chocolates or we will throw angrily into our diet and return to an unhealthy diet. Could such chocolates harm if for a few days / weeks our diet was just perfect?
The answer is no, these few sweets or a small portion of your favorite cake at the party will certainly not negatively affect the long-term effect of our weight loss.
Here I see the astonishment of our readers who, in the eyes of the imagination, repeat the question in disbelief
Will not these small deviations from the diet negatively affect?
They will not affect that, but only if we treat these cookies as part of the plan as an intended step to the goal. If it is uncontrollable gluttony it will be difficult for us to go back to the diet and lose a lot of stressful health. Meals like that in English are called cheat meal or “cheated meals.
What do we get from such a cheated meal?
1. Mental satisfaction, sometimes we can afford something that we do not have on a daily basis, we can, together with the rest of the household members / friends, enjoy “normal food, which gives us a lot of relaxation and lack of feeling of torture over strength.
2. Stimulates hormones such as insulin *, leptin *, ghrelin * which helps us in the fight against unnecessary kilograms of fat and giving our body to understand hey old see I do not starve. Changes in these hormones in this way have a number of positive effects and sometimes can help “push the effects in a visible way.
3. If our diet really is well balanced and we adhere to it, then such a one-off deviation will not negatively affect the final success.
How should not this cheated meal look like?
Certainly it can not be a “how much we can eat in one meal” test. It may be a small piece of cake, pizza or chocolate, but the whole cake and chocolate is unfortunately not a solution and you can not call it a “cheated meal” but simply eating and cheating yourself.
A few tips for people using cheated meals
1. A deceitful meal should be eaten outside the home, preferably in a restaurant or at a party where it will be stupid to exaggerate eating, for example, eating an entire cake at the aunt’s name day.
2. The right time for this treatment are the evening hours, the consumption of this meal during the day may not allow you to return to the diet to the end and continue the continuation of the already cheated meal but a cheated diet. In this way, on the second day we wake up with a clean account and we return to the diet again.
What should our free meal consist of?
It should contain portions of wholesome protein and richly fiber vegetables, we add what we like, that is small amounts of what we love or we will miss. Of course, we make sure that the products we eat are as healthy as possible, avoid mainly trans fat (French fries, shop biscuits) and large amounts of saturated fats and simple carbohydrates (cakes). An example of a cheated meal may be a favorite protein supplement and a piece of cake, boiled potatoes with salad and chicken breast, spaghetti with sauce and chicken breast, or omelette with bacon when we are on a low-fat diet. Alternatively, we can just eat a slice of pizza or a few chocolate bars, after all, we also have something to live with.
How often do you use cheated meals?
I think that 1-2 times a week and absolutely no more, the amount of these meals is also determined by our current percentage level of fat in the body. The higher the level, the less free meals we have the less fat in the body, the cheaper meals should be consumed more often.
An example of a cheated meal.
In this Momota, we have to go for a compromise between healthy eating and our “cravings. People who care about eating the healthiest meals should choose a combination of protein and carbohydrates for a cheated meal, for example, spagethi with beef, or chicken breast, vegetables and white rice, if we want something less healthy is cheated a meal may be a slice of pizza, cheesecake or other cake, of course it has to be a piece and not the whole pizza or whole cheesecake.
* Insulin is produced in the pancreas and is composed of two chains of amino acids connected by a disulfide bridge with a chemical compound composed of two sulfur atoms in combination with other elements. Insulin gets into the blood, where it connects to a certain protein (carrier) that spreads it to the muscles, liver and other tissues. The main role of insulin is to regulate the level of glucose in the blood. It works not only by affecting the metabolism of carbohydrates, but also fats and proteins.
Healthy people with normal insulin production are able to maintain their blood glucose levels at a constant level within a narrow range. Both too low and too high glucose levels, exceeding the narrow range of the standard, may cause disturbances. During a meal and immediately after insulin and other hormones, such as glucagon, adrenaline and growth hormone, regulate the amount of glucose in the blood, preventing too much growth. Ingestion of the food triggers an immediate increase in insulin secretion, so that swallowed carbohydrates can be quickly transported to the liver, muscles and other tissues. Then, as blood glucose goes down, insulin levels start to decrease gradually. Insulin therefore provides sensitive control over the plasma glucose content throughout the day.
* Leptyna its name comes from the Greek word ‘leptos’ meaning slim in Polish. It is a hormone secreted mainly by subcutaneous fat. Structurally, leptin belongs to a group of cytokines (protein molecules that affect the growth, proliferation and stimulation of cells involved in the immune response and hemopoietic cells). It is a polypeptide of 167 amino acids, having the so-called anorectic action (inhibiting the appetite) and stimulating the sympathetic system – in contrast to the neuropeptide Y, which, acting on the hypothalamus, stimulates hunger and inhibits the activity of the sympathetic system. It is assumed that leptin and neuropeptide Y are a system that supervises the consumption of energy contained in food and its expenditure. Leptin modifies insulin secretion and change of insulin receptor function, and also stops the synthesis of lipids and reduces the condensation of glucose in the blood, increasing its uptake by the cells. The presence of leptin receptors has been found, inter alia, in the hypothalamus, myocardium, skeletal muscles, lungs, pancreas, kidneys, liver, small intestine, female and male gonads as well as in adipose tissue.
* Ghrelin is a hormone produced by the stomach, causes an increase in appetite and plays an important role in the regulation of body weight. The level of ghrelin usually grows before a meal and drops quickly after eating.
You can read also: Tricking the brain – or how to satisfy your hunger by eating less