Spring and summer are seasons, during which we often reach for delicious, refreshing ice cream. However, when we trace their composition on the labels, they probably will not taste so much anymore. Hardened fats, sugar syrups, emulsifiers, improvers and dyes – these are the flagship ingredients that we find in most of the purchased ice flavors. Instead of choosing ready ice cream, you should prepare them yourself – they will be healthy and delicious! It’s really easy!
Ice cream is a fantastic snack for warm days for everyone. You do not have to be treated as something forbidden in the diet, just the opposite. Ice cream prepared from the right ingredients can be a healthy, balanced smaller meal. Unfortunately, most of the “store” ice cream should not be consumed by us due to very poor compositions and virtually zero health value. In such products, you will often find large amounts of sugar, sugar syrups, sweeteners or cured fats, but also substances that are supposed to improve the structure and make the ice cream more attractive – dyes, emulsifiers, improvers. Buy ice cream often contains a very small addition of real fruit – usually only a few percent, sometimes instead of fruit, their extracts are added.
Of course, not all such delicacies from the store are unhealthy. You need to be vigilant, read the labels and ask for the exact composition of the seller (information that the ice cream is made from natural ingredients should not satisfy us, because sugar is also natural).
It’s worth considering preparing the ice cream yourself at home. We will then avoid unhealthy additions, we will shape the taste profile ourselves and we will be sure that such ice cream will be a delicious and healthy snack for the whole Family! The execution is really very simple and we do not need any special equipment for it, actually the favorite fruits are enough. Be sure to try our suggestions!
Creamy strawberry ice cream
– ½ cup of cooked millet
– 2/3 glass of coconut chips
– a handful of strawberries
– natural honey to taste
- Pour coconut flakes 1 cup boiling water and leave for 2 hours. Then blend smoothly and pour through the strainer.
- Add cereal and honey to the coconut mass. Blend the whole thing smoothly.
- Rub the strawberries or blend them smoothly. Combine both flavors in the molds in the patterns and put them in the freezer for about 3-4 hours.
Nut ice cream
– 2 frozen ripe bananas
– 1 large household spoon (or buy with a good composition) peanut butter
- Mix all ingredients into a smooth mass. If necessary, you can give 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Transfer to cups and serve immediately.
Blueberry and coconut ice cream
– 400g of frozen berries
– 5 ripe bananas frozen without skin
– 200ml of coconut milk
– lemon juice to taste (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in the blender to a smooth mass. If necessary, you can add more coconut milk.
- It is best to serve immediately.