We consider the season for light, spring-summer dishes with vegetables and fruits long overdue. Sometimes, however, even during this period, gray and rainy days occur when you only want something warm and filling. That’s when the dishes from our honest potatoes come to our aid.
We have recently addressed important topics concerning potato poisoning, which is common in spring and summer, most often green, old and rotten. We have explained the basic rules that should be followed to avoid such pleasant situations and take full advantage of the health and taste of potatoes.
The recipe using potatoes is really very much! Everyone will definitely find something for themselves. We offer you three delicious recipes which (hopefully) will encourage you to prepare them and then they will delight you with their taste! The dishes we propose are not difficult and labor-intensive. They will be great as a second breakfast to work! They will improve your mood in gray and cooler summer days!
Here are our suggestions
Farmer’s casserole with dill
– ¾ glasses of dry lentils
– 1 medium sweet potato
– 2 stalks of celery
– ½ cup of frozen green peas
– 2 onions
– 1 small clove of garlic (optional)
– 2 tablespoons of oil
– ½ cup tomato puree
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
– a pinch of smoked pepper
– vegetable decoction
– 300g of young potatoes
– Soya milk or cow’s milk
– 1/3 of a teaspoon of nutmeg
– salt, pepper, fresh dill
- Soak the lentils in water for a few hours or in boiling water for 2 hours. After this time, pour out the water, rinse the lentils and cook al dente.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot, add the chopped onion and fry for a few minutes. Add the diced sweet potato and celery. Stew everything under cover on low heat, occasionally watering with vegetable broth.
- Add lentils, green peas, soy sauce, thyme, smoked paprika and tomato purée to soft vegetables. Simmer under cover for about 15 minutes, until everything merges.
- Boil the potatoes in a separate pot. Prepare the purée by kneading it with a pestle and adding soy milk, vegan margarine and nutmeg.
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C, heat the medium heat-resistant dish with a little oil. Place the lentils with vegetables on the bottom, and mashed potatoes on it. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the purée starts to brown and a crispy crust is made. Finely sprinkle the prepared casserole with chopped dill.
Baked potato pancakes
– 280 g potatoes
– 1 small shallot onion
– 1 egg
– 40 g butter, melted
– black pepper, salt
– 2 spoons of chopped fresh herbs (eg parsley, thyme or chives)
– favorite accessories
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Make the form for muffins with 12 thinly olive oil.
- Peel the potatoes and grate them with a coarse mesh, put in a bowl, add onions grated on a small mesh. Mix with egg, melted butter, ground pepper and fresh herbs.
- Place 1 tablespoon of potatoes into the mold cavities. Place the form in a preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, in golden color.
- Remove the pancakes from the oven and sprinkle them with sea salt. Pancakes can be served with a fresh salad of seasonal vegetables or, for example, with roasted beets, goat cheese and walnuts.
– 1 kg of potatoes
– 2 eggs
– 1 tablespoon of basil, thyme and oregano
– 4 tomatoes
– 5 cloves of garlic
– 10 slices of high quality meats or self-baked meat,
– 1/3 of red pepper
– 1/3 of yellow pepper
– 1 onion
– a handful of black olives
– 50-100 grams of grated cheese depends on how much cheese we like
– 1 tablespoon of oil to coat the sheet
- Peel the potatoes, cut into smaller pieces and cook in salted water until tender. Cool the completely cooled potatoes through a potato press or crumble with a pestle.
- Add the eggs, grated 2 cloves of garlic, salt and one teaspoon of basil, thyme and oregano to the mashed potato. Make a relatively smooth mass and translate it into a greased pizza tray.
- Place the bottom in an oven preheated to 220 degrees for 15 minutes. The mass must be removed from the touch dry with a delicate shell.
- Peel the tomatoes and fry in a pan with the addition of herbs and garlic for a few minutes until a tomato sauce is created, which should be spread on a potato bottom. Place the ingredients on the sauce and bake for 25 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven at 220 degrees. Finally, sprinkle the pizza with cheese.