The perfect taste of the cucumber soup knows every one of us. Everyone at home tastes a bit differently. Some cook it on meat, another vegetable broth. For many, the fullness of the cucumber flavor is manifested in the presence of oily cream, and for others it is unnecessary addition. We offer a completely new, warming and healthy, but still delicious cucumber.
The cucumber soup known to us from childhood did not provide too much valuable nutritional value. Usually there were small carrots in it, a few potatoes, some pickled cucumbers, and of course plenty of oily cream. It was also not particularly filling, because prepared in this way, it quickly flowed through the digestive tract, leaving behind a bit of fat, carbohydrates and a small amount of vitamins and minerals. However, the characteristic taste of pickled cucumbers makes it worthwhile to work on it, to enrich it a little, to proudly represent the first part of the autumn dinner meal.
Our cucumber offer differs significantly from the traditional version, but it still has this pleasant salty-sour taste, and therefore is eagerly eaten by children. The unusual ingredients of our cucumber are green lentils – added as an ingredient that gives the soup a fullness and enriches it with valuable vegetable protein. The nutritional value of lentils is enormous and still underestimated. It is an excellent source of B vitamins and large amounts of macro- and micronutrients – potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and sodium.
Another unusual component of our cucumber version is millet groats. On it you could write a whole volume of important information and give a lot of examples of use. In our soup she found herself to add her satiety and give her a warming character.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 parsley
- A piece of celery
- Half a glass of millet
- Half a cup of lentils
- 4 pickled cucumbers and pickled cucumber juice
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt, pepper, bay leaf, allspice, fresh dill
- Cook the lentils in a small pot until tender.
- Worn carrot, celery and parsley on the thick mesh of the grater. Peel the onion and cut into cubes.
- In a pot with a thick bottom, warm up the oil and let the previously cut vegetables be stewed. Then pour boiling water about 20cm above the vegetables, add laurel leaf and allspice, boil it all.
- Rinse millet groats with boiling water and pour into a boiling vegetable broth. Cook for at least 20 minutes.
- After this time, sprinkle the cooked and drained lentils and grated pickled cucumbers, or add water and juice from pickled cucumbers. Take a few moments to cook together.
- At the end, sprinkle the chopped dill and add a tablespoon of butter and season to taste.