Many people think that obesity is only a matter of aesthetic appearance. It often happens that people with excessive body mass have a problem with self-esteem. Unfortunately, this is not just a matter of low self-esteem, it is primarily a health problem that increases the risk of many diseases and premature death.
Weight reduction – reduce body weight by 10 kg
By reducing the number of pounds, especially the fat located in the stomach, the risk of many diseases and health problems is reduced.
Weight reduction by about 10 kg
– reduces the risk of death by 20%;
– reduces the risk of death due to complications of diabetes by 30%;
– reduces the risk of cancers with obesity by 40%;
– reduces total cholesterol by 10%, LDL cholesterol by 15% and triglycerides by 30%;
– increases the HDL level by 8%;
– reduces or eliminates proteinuria;
– improves the functioning of the respiratory system.
Overweight and obesity – consequences
Being overweight and obese may eventually lead to the development of numerous diseases and even lead to death.
What diseases threaten obese people?
– hypertension, ischemic heart disease, arrhythmias, and strokes;
– Type II diabetes, obese people are three times more likely to have it. Over 90% of people with this type of diabetes are obese. Overweight men have a 5 times higher risk of death due to diabetes than men with correct body weight. The situation is even worse for women because it is even seven times as large;
– obese people are more likely to develop cancer. In men, it mainly concerns colon and prostate cancer, in women – breast, cervical, endometrial, ovarian and gallbladder cancer;
– obese people are more likely to suffer from degenerative changes in the joints, especially of the lower limbs and the associated unpleasant ailments, such as pain, swelling, limitation of mobility;
– patients with abdominal obesity are particularly exposed to the development of cholelithiasis;
– Obese men often contract obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Its typical symptom is very loud snoring, feeling of morning tiredness, drowsiness difficult to overcome during the day;
– obese women more often suffer from menstrual disorders and complications during pregnancy;
– excessive body weight increases the risk of developing renal failure;
– obese people often suffer from anxiety and depression.
Considering the risk associated with an unhealthy lifestyle, it is worth taking care of your health. That is why you have to change your lifestyle – use a healthy balanced diet, start physical activity and avoid accumulating unnecessary kilograms that can harm the body.